Neglect, Abuse and Criminal Injury compensation claims

If you or a loved one have suffered as a result of Neglect, Abuse or a Criminal Injury then you may be able to bring a claim for compensation for the physical or psychological injury caused.

Our Neglect, Abuse and Criminal Injury Lawyers deal with a wide range of difficult and highly sensitive claims. In addition to fighting for the best possible level of financial compensation we also work with you to put you in touch with the appropriate experts and support groups.

The Lime Personal Injury team of Neglect and Abuse Lawyers deal with a wide range of child and elderly care claims arising out of a number of environments such as:

  • care homes
  • holiday companies
  • local authorities
  • nurseries
  • schools
  • private individuals

Our Criminal Injury Lawyers represent individuals in circumstances such as:

  • assault
  • sexual abuse
  • hit and run
  • violent crimes

Ways to claim compensation

If you or a loved one have been the victim of a crime then there are three ways in which a claim for personal injury compensation can be made:

  1. A claim can be made against those responsible for causing the Criminal Injury. In this scenario it is important to keep in mind that it is often incredibly difficult to enforce the collection of the compensation damages awarded from the guilty party and may not always provide you with the compensation you deserve.
  2. If the Criminal Injury was sustained during the course of employment and it can be proven that the employer exposed you to an unnecessary and foreseeable risk, then it is possible to bring a compensation claim against your employer for the Criminal Injury sustained.
  3. An application can be made under the Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme via the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA). The CICA was formed to deal with compensation claims from people who have been physically or mentally injured because they were a blameless victim of a violent crime.

Contact us

If you or a loved one have suffered as a result of Neglect, Abuse or Criminal Injury and would like to speak to a member of our Personal Injury team please call our Personal Injury (PI) lawyers on Freephone: 0808 164 0808 for a free, no-obligation chat, or complete the request a call back form and we will call you back. All enquiries will be absolutely confidential and conducted with an experienced member of staff.