Dangerous machinery, plant or work equipment compensation claims
If you or a loved one has been injured at work due to faulty, dangerous machinery, plant or work equipment then our team of Personal Injury (PI) lawyers may be able to help you in making a claim for compensation.
Accidents as a result of dangerous machinery can occur in many ways:
- workers can be struck and injured as a result of moving parts or ejected material
- sharp parts can cause cuts or severing
- rough parts can cause friction burns or abrasions
- parts of the body can also be pulled into a machine between rollers, belts and pulley drives resulting in crushing injuries
- burns or scalds sustained from extremely hot or cold parts of machinery, materials or from emissions
- electrical shocks are common place from faulty equipment or exposed wires.
Duty of care
Your employer can still be found liable for causing an injury even if they were unaware that the equipment was defective. In some circumstances we may need to visit the scene of the accident and arrange for specialist engineers to provide expert evidence on the equipment or machinery, which was the cause of the accident.
Common work accidents due to dangerous equipment
Common accidents at work caused by dangerous equipment can include:
- machines that do not have the appropriate safety guards in place
- ladders that were too short to complete the task or that were not appropriately maintained
- crushing injuries due to inadequate tools for transporting materials or equipment.
It is still possible to bring a claim for compensation if your accident at work was caused by the negligent acts of another member of staff.
Employment legal issues related to the work accident
Our legal team can also assist with any employment law issues that may have arisen as a result of an accident at work. If you are dismissed or suffer a “detriment” because you have reported a health and safety issue or bring a claim for personal injury then you could also have an employment claim.
Time limit to make a compensation claim
You generally have three years from the accident date to bring a claim, although there are a few exceptions, which our legal team will be able to advise you upon.
If you or a loved one have been injured at work due to faulty, dangerous or inappropriate work equipment and you would like to make a claim for compensation please speak to a member of our Personal Injury (PI) team on Freephone: 0808 164 0808 for a FREE, no-obligation chat or complete the request a call back form and we will call you.