Gynaecological negligence compensation claims
Gynaecological negligence claims are often the most personal and upsetting of claims. Mistakes can arise at the diagnosis, monitoring, treatment or surgical stage. Gynaecology is the branch of medicine that deals with the functions and diseases specific to women and girls, particularly those affecting the reproductive system.
Our Medical Negligence lawyers deal with a wide range of gynaecological negligence claims against both the NHS and Private Practice.
Common Gynaecological negligence cases and injuries that our lawyers advise upon include:
- abdominal hysterectomy claims
- bladder injuries
- bowel injuries
- cervical smear tests errors
- dilatation and curettage claims
- ectopic pregnancies errors
- endometriosis claims
- failed sterilisation procedures
- failure to diagnose cancer
- fallopian tube ruptures
- hysterectomy claims
- incontinence following surgery injury
- infection resulting in reduced fertility
- lack of informed consent to gynaecological procedure
- laparoscopic investigations resulting in injury
- ovarian cysts
- oophorectomy errors
- pelvic floor repair claims
- perineal tear injuries
- polycystic ovaries
- side effects as a result of injected hormone contraception
- surgical complications resulting in injury
- termination errors
- unnecessary hysterectomy following a caesarean section
- uterus perforation during coil insertions
- uterus injuries.
A gynaecological negligence claim arises as a result of a gynaecologist providing a substandard level of care that has resulted in the patient being left in a worse position. If you would like to discuss making a claim for compensation as a result of gynaecological injuries please call a member of our Clinical and Medical Negligence team on Freephone 0808 164 0808 for a FREE, no-obligation chat or complete the request a call back form and we will call you.