Road traffic accident (RTA) compensation claims
Thousands of people every single day suffer from some form of an injury following a road traffic accident (RTA).
If you have been one of those unfortunate people and would like to discuss making a Personal Injury (PI) compensation claim please call us straight away. Our Personal Injury (PI) lawyers can assist in a wide range of road traffic accident scenarios whether you were the driver of a vehicle, a passenger in a private car, on public transport (taxi or bus), cyclist, motorcyclist or a pedestrian.
Where possible it is important that you should obtain the following information following an accident:

  • name and address of the negligent driver
  • name and address of the negligent driver’s employer if he is driving a work’s vehicle
  • the registration number, make and model of the negligent driver’s vehicle
  • the negligent driver’s insurance details – name and address, policy number and name of the policy holder
  • photographs of the damage to the vehicles
  • names and addresses of anyone who witnessed the accident.

It does not matter if you have not been able to obtain all of the above information – that will not prevent you from making a road traffic accident (RTA) compensation claim.

Uninsured drivers

Do not worry if the negligent driver has no valid insurance or if the negligent driver failed to stop at the scene of the accident as you will still be able to make a claim for compensation if the accident was not your fault. Such claims are pursued through the Motor Insurers’ Bureau (MIB), which is an organisation set up by the Government to compensate victims of road traffic accidents (RTAs) in these circumstances. You should contact the Police as soon as possible and report the incident if the negligent driver drove off or if you believe there is no insurance in place.

Claims process

All claims for compensation arising out of a road traffic accident (RTA) are submitted on an electronic portal direct to the relevant insurers. Providing that we have the negligent driver’s registration number, we can carry out a search which will give us the insurance details.

Contact us

If you have been involved in a road traffic accident (RTA) that was not your fault and would like to bring a road traffic accident (RTA) compensation claim please call our team of Personal Injury (PI) lawyers on Freephone: 0808 164 0808 for a FREE, no obligation chat. Alternatively, you can complete the request a call back form and we will call you.